Sunday 2 June 2024

Les aveux - Elton John & France Gall

While Elton John was recording what would become his 1980 album 21 at 33, he recorded about a dozen extra songs. Five of them would appear on his next album, The Fox. Two other songs were French-language songs as duets with the French singer France Gall. 'Les aveux' and 'Donner pour donner' appear on this single, released in France

I'd never heard of this release, but when I saw this single it intrigued me enough to want to buy it. It turns out that 'Les aveux' actually made the Dutch Tipparade, peaking at number 4, just missing out on the Dutch Top 40. Personally I think the B-side is better...

My collection: 7" single no. 7222
Found: Record fair, Den Haag, 1 June 2024
Tracks: 'Les aveux' / 'Donner pour donner'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising