Sunday 26 January 2020

The freeze - Spandau Ballet

I thought I already owned all Spandau Ballet singles, but somehow this one stayed under my radar until now. 'The freeze' was the band's second single release, peaking at number 17 in the UK singles chart in early 1981. Taken from their debut album 'Journeys to glory', it has a cold, hard sound that was the band's trademark at the time.

The single also features a nice alternative version of the track on the B-side, a trick they would employ a few more times in later singles. I was glad to find a fine UK pressing of this single.

My collection: 7" single no. 6249
Found: Chelsea Records, Antwerpen, January 24, 2020
Cost: 2 euro
Tracks: 'The freeze' / 'The freeze (version)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising