Thursday 21 March 2019

Refrain - Lys Assia

It doesn't happen very often that I buy a single that I have been looking for for years, but today is such a day. I started collecting Eurovision Song Contest winners a few years ago, and I managed to buy them all on vinyl - at least until they stopped releasing winning songs on vinyl in 1995. The only one I was still missing was the very first winner of the Contest: Lys Assia's legendary 'Refrain'.

That is, until today. I found a copy on Discogs from a Belgian dealer, and after haggling just a little bit I managed to get my hands on this one. It may not be the best copy ever - the pushout centre is missing and there is no picture sleeve, although I suspect this one was released in a record company sleeve anyway - but it is mine.

My collection: 7" single no. 6021
Found: Discogs.com, received March 21, 2019
Tracks: 'Refrain' / 'Arrivederci Roma'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising