Tuesday 29 November 2011

Private dancer - Tina Turner

Although I was never much of a fan of Tina Turner's vocals, I have to admit that her voice was quite suitable for 'Private dancer'. She sounds old and disillusioned enough to carry the lyric of the song, and the fact that she doesn't exactly have a pretty or smooth voice really is a plus here.

This 12" single features the full length version of the song, plus two live tracks of old Ike & Tina Turner chestnuts, recorded live in Chicago on August 2, 1984.

My collection: 12" single no. 134
Found: Record exchange, London, October 1992
Cost: 0,5 pound
Tracks: 'Private dancer (Full length version)' / 'River deep mountain high (live)', 'Nutbush city limits (live)'

2 comments:

  1. I loved Tina Turner!!!!!! All the way she sangs and moves!! Even am young lady, i much liked all of her songs. I'm absolutely one of her fan here in Philippines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish Tina turner will come and perform

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising