Tuesday 8 September 2009

She's a mystery to me - Roy Orbison

Roy Orbison recorded 'She's a mystery to me' in 1988 with The Edge and Bono from U2. Bono commented later: 'I stood beside him and sang with him. He didn't seem to be singing. So I thought, 'He'll sing it the next take. He's just reading the words.' And then we went in to listen to the take, and there was this voice, which was the loudest whisper I've ever heard. He had been singing it. But he hardly moved his lips. And the voice was louder than the band in its own way. I don't know how he did that. It was like sleight of hand.'

The song was released as the second single from his last album 'Mystery girl', completed just before his death. It was another hit for Orbison, peaking at number 27 in the UK singles chart and number 18 in the Dutch Top 40.

My collection: 7" single no. 837
Found: May 27, 1989
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'She's a mystery to me' / 'Crying' (duet with KD Lang)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising