Monday 11 May 2009

Prince Charming - Adam and the Ants

In November 1981, Adam & the Ants released their third album, the highly successful 'Prince Charming'. The band had two UK number 1 singles. 'Stand and deliver' was the number 1 single in the UK for 5 weeks in May 1981, followed by 'Prince Charming', which topped the UK charts for 4 weeks in September 1981.

'Prince Charming' was released in a beautiful gatefold sleeve, which was even released on the European continent - which in itself was a rarity. I was always jealous of the copy my sister had since right when it was released, so I was really relieved when I finally bought my own copy a few years later.

My collection: 7" single no. 384
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, 1985
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Prince Charming' / 'Christian D'Or'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising