Wednesday 20 May 2009

Knowing me, knowing you - Abba

Recorded in 1976 at the Metronome studio in Stockholm, 'Knowing me knowing you' was released as a single in February 1977. The B-side was 'Happy Hawaii', an early version of 'Why did it have to be me'. Group member Benny Andersson named 'Knowing me, knowing you' as one of Abba's best recordings in a 2004 interview, along with 'Dancing queen', 'The winner takes it all' and 'When I kissed the teacher'.

The single became a number 1 hit in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Mexico and South Africa. In the Netherlands and Switzerland it peaked at number 3. It was a top 10 hit in eight further countries.

My collection: 7" single no. 233
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, 1984
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'Knowing me, knowing you' / 'Happy Hawaii'


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising