Saturday 2 May 2009

Don't stop me now - Queen

Queen released 'Don't stop me now' in 1978 as a single from their album 'Jazz'. The song was written and composed by Freddie Mercury. On the studio version, Brian May's only guitar playing is in his guitar solo, but on live versions performed on the band's 1978 and 1979 tours, May would also play rhythm guitar throughout the rest of the song to add a rockier feeling to it. Despite all this, it is said that May did not like this song at all.

The single reached number 9 in the UK singles chart and number 14 in the Dutch Top 40. I bought the single over a year after Freddie Mercury died. After his death, I liked Queen a lot more than before. I still don't know why that is.

My collection: 7" single no. 1887
Found: Record fair, Den Haag, April 24, 1993
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'Don't stop me now' / 'In only seven days'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising