Monday 16 March 2009

Working on it - Chris Rea

While I'm generally not impressed with guitar heroes, I have to admit that Chris Rea has me rocking away from time to time. Some people may call his work too soft, but I find it generally very enjoyable. Which is why I snap up any Chris Rea record when it's cheap.

And that was the story for this 12" single: it appeared in a London shop for less than a pound and although I didn't know the track, I was certain enough that an extended version would be worthwhile. I was not disappointed: it's one of Chris Rea's rockier tracks, with a strong melody line. 'Working on it' was released in 1989 and reached number 53 in the UK singles chart.

My collection: 12" single no. 417
Found: Record Exchange, London, 2002
Cost: 50p
Tracks: 'Working on it (extended)' / 'One golden rule'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising