Tuesday 17 March 2009

How you gonna see me now - Alice Cooper

During his 1977 tour Alice Cooper's alcoholism was becoming an issuel. It was rumoured that he drank up to two cases of Budweiser and a bottle of whiskey every day. Following the tour, Cooper had himself hospitalized in a New York sanitarium for treatment. His experience in the sanitarium was the inspiration for his 1978 semi-autobiographical album 'From the inside', which Cooper co-wrote with Bernie Taupin.

The single 'How you gonna see me now', taken from that album, was a ballad. The lyric depicted the fear of the singer of how his wife would react to him after his spell in the sanitarium. The song was one of the first I recorded from the radio when I got a radio/taperecorder at age 10. I found the single ten years later.

My collection: 7" single no. 1420
Found: Record fair, Den Haag, April 7, 1991
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'How you gonna see me now' / 'No tricks'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising