Monday 9 March 2009

Bright eyes - Art Garfunkel

I once knew a girl who had such amazing eyes, they looked like the deepest lakes with mysteries so dark and beautiful I got so fascinated it stifled any chance of me talking to her. (I have to admit, sometimes they looked hollow and uninviting too.) And so it came to pass she got the nickname 'Bright eyes'.

This, of course, came from the famous Art Garfunkel song from 1979. It was composed by Mike Batt for the soundtrack of the movie 'Watership down', an animated movie about rabbits. The song relates to the transition into death highlighted by Hazel's close shave when he is shot by a farmer, and then years later when Hazel finally departs his body and enters the world of spirit. It may also be viewed in reference to the disease the rabbits refer to as 'white blindness' - actually Myxomatosis. I've always had a soft spot for animated videos, so when I saw this one in 1979, it stuck in my mind.

My collection: 7" single no. 818
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, May 13, 1989
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'Bright eyes' / 'Kazaar's theme'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising