Monday 19 January 2009

Take a bow - Madonna

Madonna's 1994 album 'Bedtime stories' is the first one where she shows signs of actually wanting to make music. The follow-up 'Ray of light' would be her first serious album, but this single, 'Take a bow' is actually a beautiful piece of work too. Her limited vocal range is supported by beautiful string backing, a simple arrangement and effective backing vocals. And this is remarkable, because Babyface, who produced this track, is not known for his craftmanship: he's usually making hip hop and R'n'B drivel.

I bought this single despite my desire not to ever own any Madonna record, but I could never resist owning tracks I liked. Even if they come from her.

My collection: 7" single no. 2301
Found: Record fair, May 27, 1995
Cost: 10 guilders
Tracks: 'Take a bow (edit)' / 'Take a bow (instrumental)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising