Sunday 11 January 2009

How could this go wrong - Exile

I got to know the group Exile because of their hit ballad 'Kiss you all over'. When shortly afterwards the released this exciting disco-inspired rock song 'How could this go wrong', I was slightly confused. Of course I was only a child, so I didn't realise that a group that made ballads could also make uptempo tracks. But my premonition was not off: I thought this would never be a hit after such a beautiful song. It only reached number 37 in the Dutch Top 40. I like to think I contributed to that fact, by waiting until it left the charts until I bought it. But then again, my pocket money didn't stretch far enough for me to be able to buy chart single at that time...

My collection: 7" single no. 22
Found: Wouters, Den Haag, 1979
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'How could this go wrong' / 'Being in love with you is easy'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising