Thursday 4 December 2008

Magic touch - Kiss

The album 'Dynasty' was a great success for Kiss, even though fans criticised them for having gone commercial. The blend of hardrock with a more 'disco' style made a big impact on a broad audience. Until then, Kiss had focused exclusively on their hardcore black leather wearing Kiss Army. I was only nine years old when 'Dynasty' was released. I had no desire to get involved in hardrock. But I did get into these scary looking individuals because of their glammed up music and their strange looks.

My collection of Kiss singles from the album 'Dynasty' was completed when I bought 'Magic touch'. The third single to be lifted from that album, it didn't do as well as its predecessors. The masked men desperately needed to come up with something new, and fortunately they did, a bit later that year.

My collection: 7" single no. 39
Found: Wouters, Den Haag, 1980
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'Magic touch' / 'Save your love'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising