Tuesday 8 October 2024

Railroad - Maurice Gibb

'Railroad' is the first solo single released by Bee Gees member Maurice Gibb in April 1970. The song was written by Maurice Gibb and Billy Lawrie. Lawrie was the brother of Lulu, who Maurice married in 1969. The song was originally intended for a Bee Gees album. The single features guitar work by Leslie Harvey of Stone the Crows.

As Gibb explains: "People have said that my single sounds like the Bee Gees, I sang the higher parts usually, and the other vocal parts I've added to 'Railroad' could be the others." Gibb once said that his wife at that time, singer Lulu's reaction to the recording was that the piano was too loud; Gibb remixed it six times to please her.

My collection: 7" single no. 7364
Found: Record fair, Rotterdam, 5 October 2024
Tracks: 'Railroad' / 'I've come back'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising