Sunday 28 November 2021

Every time you go away - Paul Young

'Every time you go away' is probably my least favourite Paul Young song. Not because it's particularly bad, but because I have heard it so many times back in the day - and it doesn't really excite me. On the other hand, I am glad that I finally bought this single, because I discovered a song I've  never heard before: 'This means anything' doesn't appear on the accompanying album 'The secret of association', but it is a great little track. 

Meanwhile, 'Every time you go away' was one of Paul's most successful singles, peaking at number 4 in the UK singles chart and even reaching the top spot in the US Billboard Hot 100 chart. Considering it was his only top 10 hit over there (with the exception of 'Oh Girl', which reached number 8), that is a mean feat.

My collection: 7" single no. 6527
Found: Chelsea Records, Antwerpen, 25 November 2021
Cost: €1
Tracks: 'Every time you go away' / 'This means anything'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising