Sunday 7 September 2014

Wooden heart - Elvis Presley

Some would argue that this music blog could never be a music blog when there isn't a single mention of "The King", Elvis Presley. I would reply in turn that rock & roll isn't the focus of my collection - aside from the occasional Marty Wilde gems, of course - but now that I finally have an Elvis single in my possession, there is no need for controversy.

'Wooden heart' was re-released just after Elvis died. Perhaps that's why this song is such a powerful childhood memory, as I vividly recall seeing a video of this song on television around that time. The song was originally a hit in 1961, when it was number 1 for six weeks in the UK singles chart. Upon its re-release in the Netherlands in August 1977, it reached number 2.

My collection: 7" single no. 5439
Found: unknown
Cost: unknown
Tracks: 'Wooden heart' / 'Tonight is so right for love'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising