Wednesday 17 April 2013

Born to sing - Colm "C.T." Wilkinson

I first saw part of this song in a documentary about the Eurovision Song Contest some 20 years ago: a large, slightly sweaty man turning purple as he was belting out the last few seconds of this song. It makes the high notes of Johnny Logan look like kids stuff: here was the equivalent of Joe Cocker being strangled while having surgery at his prostrate while singing 'With a little help from my friends'.

The single was pretty hard to get, though. I wasn't prepared to pay too much for it so the few copies I ever saw I always passed on. Until this weekend! And indeed, on record these last few seconds still sound very impressive.

My collection: 7" single no. 5339
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, April 13, 2013
Cost: 2 euro
Tracks: 'Born to sing' / 'Simple things in life'

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Born to Sing does not appear to load in the music player but simple things does. Could you fix it as I would like to here this being a fan of the under rated singer Colm "CT"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising