Sunday 5 February 2012

I've been losing you - A-ha

There's probably some truth to the story that the music you hear during adolescence makes the biggest impression on you. Many of the artists that were around during the Eighties are still here now, making music, and the records they made back then are forever etched in your memory. In some cases, these memories extend to knowing the exact circumstances when you bought certain records.

I can still picture myself in my room playing this 12" by A-ha over and over again. I even used the dub and extended mixes to create new extended remixes. And I know that, when 'This alone is love' appeared on A-ha's next album 'Stay on these roads', I was quite shocked, because the version on this 12" single is far superior. But perhaps that's because I'd heard this version about 200 times by then...

My collection: 12" single no. 52
Found: Free Record Shop, Den Haag, 1987
Cost: 8 guilders
Tracks: 'I've been losing you (extended mix)' / 'I've been losing you (dub)', 'This alone is love'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising