Saturday 28 January 2012

Hot in the city - Billy Idol

Billy Idol's 'Hot in the city' was originally released in 1982. This is a re-release from 1987. It features a remix of 'Catch my fall' on the B-side, taken from the album 'Vital Idol' which features several remixes of Billy Idol hits. I've been partial to that album ever since I got it from my parents during a holiday in Germany. Very cool music.

Although the released version of 'Hot in the city' contains a verse in which Idol shouts 'New York', other versions of the song were recorded for various radio stations, including one in which he shouts 'Amarillo' or 'New Haven'.

My collection: 7" single no. 5271
Found: Velvet Vinyl Outlet, Leiden, January 27, 2012
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Hot in the city' / 'Catch my fall (remix fix)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising