Saturday 12 November 2011

All stood still - Ultravox

After 'Vienna' became a hit in 1981, I became a big fan of the band. This was helped along a bit by the fact that my parents took me on holiday to Vienna for five years between 1980 and 1984. I was impressed with the city, but even more impressed by the views of Ultravox's music video I saw in real life. And then there was the majestic album of the same name, which my sister bought. This is how I knew that the next single, 'All stood still' was almost just as good. Unfortunately, that one was never a hit.

I finally bought the single in 1995. I don't know why I waited so long, I do know I wanted to have it years earlier. But as always, back in 1981 I didn't have the money and in later years I never saw the single. So it was good to finally get hold of it in a second hand shop in London.

My collection: 7" single no. 2348
Found: Record Exchange, London, June 26, 1995
Cost: 30p
Tracks: 'All stood still' / 'Alles klar'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising