Thursday 30 September 2010

The taste of your tears - King

Having collected all of the 7" singles by King, it was soon a matter of finding the accompanying 12" singles. My sister owned all of them before I did, so I was familiar with most of the tracks, especially the extra B-side track on this one: the reprise of 'Alone without you'. I remember making a compilation tape starting with the original version and ending with this reprise version. The tape had a great buildup, as the A-side was full of uptempo tracks and the B-side had mostly ballads. It provided me with 90 minutes of extreme listening pleasure - and it's a shame I don't have that tape anymore.

Years later I found this 12" single and obviously I bought it immediately. As far as I know, this reprise version has not been released on cd, but the remix of 'The taste of your tears' has. And quite rightfully too, because it's very well made.

My collection: 12" single no. 82
Found: All that music, Leiden, 1992
Cost: 7,5 guilders
Tracks: 'The taste of your tears (Breaker heart mix)' / 'Crazy party', 'Alone without you (Reprise)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising