Thursday 13 May 2010

Won't you hold my hand now - King

The British band King were very successful in the UK in 1984, and so it didn't take long for the record company to realise that they could also have a shot at launching the band in the USA. That's where this 12" single was made, and this copy was released for promotion as a gold stamp on the back of the sleeve proves.

This 12" single features three remixes of the track 'Won't you hold my hand now', one of the heavier tracks on the band's debut album. The sleeve design features a photograph by Sheila Rock, who made many beautiful portraits of Eighties artists.

My collection: 12" single no. 361
Found: Record fair, Rotterdam, 1998
Cost: 5 guilders
Tracks: 'Won't you hold my hand now ('Heavy times' mix)' / 'Won't you hold my hand now ('85 Reasons to hold hands mix)', 'Won't you hold my hand now (dub mix)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising