Thursday 15 April 2010

You sexy thing - Hot Chocolate

Frankly, I was very surprised when I played this single for the first time after buying it. Everyone knows Hot Chocolate's 'You sexy thing', with the near-falsetto lead vocals by Errol Brown. But this version of the song sounds very different. So what happened? You tell me, I couldn't find any information about it on the web.

'You sexy thing' was released in the autumn of 1975 and reached number 5 in the Dutch Top 40 and number 2 in the UK singles chart.

My collection: 7" single no. 4773
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, April 10, 2010
Cost: 0,5 euro
Tracks: 'You sexy thing' / 'A warm smile'

1 comment:

  1. "You sexy thing" was originally the b-side to "Blue Night" released in mid-1975. Thanks to an American Dj, who apparently played the b-side instead, it was re-recorded and released as the version we all know so well in October the same year. So this must be that first version where he sings in a lower key. I didn't know of this myself but found information at amazon.com regarding the A's, B's & Rarities CD. When you sample the song at amazon the hit version is played though...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising