Wednesday 20 January 2010

I'm not afraid - Black

Through the years I have heard some horrendous single edits, but none have been as monstrous as the 7" edit of Black's 'I'm not afraid'. Someone took a blunt knife and started hacking into this track, particularly during the last few minutes. You can hear the voice being cut during singing, each and every cut is audible. And all this to bring down the length of this track with one minute. Perhaps they should just have released the five minute version.

Consequently, this single, the follow-up to Black's biggest hit 'Wonderful life', did not chart. What's interesting about the sleeve is that the German version, pictured here, features the entire lyric of the song on the front, whereas on the UK single (which I don't own, unfortunately) only the refrain, printed in blue, is shown.

My collection: 7" single no. 589
Found: Gé Hofenk, Leiden, February 16, 1988
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'I'm not afraid' / 'Have it your own way'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising