Friday 22 January 2010

De do do do de da da da - The Police

According to Sting, The Police's 'De do do do de da da da' is about the attraction people have towards simple songs: 'I was trying to make an intellectual point about how the simple can be so powerful. Why are our favourite songs 'Da doo ron ron' and 'Do wah diddy diddy'? In the song, I tried to address that issue. But everyone said, 'This is bullshit, child's play.' No one listened to the lyrics. Listen to the lyrics. I'm going to remake it again and put more emphasis on what I was talking about.'

The song was actually re-recorded in 1986, when the Police also made a re-recording of 'Don't stand so close to me'. It was dropped from the album 'Every breath you take: the singles', but finally saw a release in 1995 on a re-release of this album.

My collection: 7" single no. 3091
Found: Record Exchange, London, May 12, 1999
Cost: 50p
Tracks: 'De do do do de da da da' / 'A sermon'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising