Sunday 31 January 2010

Call me - Blondie

'Call me' was the main theme of the movie 'American gigolo'. Producer Giorgio Moroder originally asked Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac to help compose and perform a song for the soundtrack, but she declined. It was at this time that Moroder turned to Debbie Harry and Blondie. Moroder presented Harry with a rough instrumental track called 'Man machine'. Harry was asked to write the lyrics and melody. The completed song was then recorded by the band, with Moroder producing.

When the single was released in early 1980, it reached number 1 in the USA, Canada and the UK. In the Dutch Top 40, 'Call me' peaked at number 9.

My collection: 7" single no. 4486
Found: Record fair, Amsterdam, January 30, 2010
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Call me' / 'Call me (instrumental)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising