Sunday 10 January 2010

Alright - Janet Jackson

Personally, I was never impressed with the track 'Alright' by Janet Jackson, taken from her album 'Rhythm Nation 1814'. When it was released as a single, I simply didn't buy it. That is, until I spotted this UK edition featuring the Spanish version of 'Come back to me' on the B-side. 'Come back to me' is a beautiful ballad, and sounds even better in Spanish, I have to say.

'Alright' reached number 20 in the UK singles chart in the summer of 1990. In the Netherlands, where it was released in April with the 'normal' version of 'Come back to me' on the B-side, it didn't chart. A good B-side makes all the difference in the world.

My collection: 7" single no. 2031
Found: Record Exchange, London, October 19, 1993
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'Alright (House mix)' / 'Vuelve a mi (Come back to me)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising