Monday 21 December 2009

Victor should have been a jazz musician - Grace Jones

After all the sonic mayhem of the Trevor Horn-produced album 'Slave to the rhythm' (1985), Grace Jones returned in 1986 with the album 'Inside story', produced by Nile Rodgers and Grace Jones herself.

The single 'Victor should have been a jazz musician' is a far cry from 'Slave to the rhythm', as it's a slow jazz track. The single was successful in the Netherlands, where it reached number 26 in the Dutch Top 40, but it failed to chart in the UK.

My collection: 7" single no. 2625
Found: March 2, 1996
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Victor should have been a jazz musician' / 'Crush'

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine what would cause me to tire of Inside Story. Twenty-odd years later, I have my cassette copy at the back of my closet. I should thank you for sparing me the trouble of searching for this classic track!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising