Monday 14 December 2009

Maybe someday... - Simply Red

Simply Red was pretty successful with their first two albums 'Picture book' and 'Men and women', but occasionally their singles didn't do so well in the charts. 'Maybe someday' is a prime example of this: the video was shown regularly on television in 1987, but I was not able to locate a copy. In the end, I just assumed that it was only released as a single in the USA - especially when I found this copy in 1991: an American promo 7" featuring the same track on both sides.

More recently I found out that the single only charted in the UK, peaking at number 88. Why was this song not more successful? I will never know. It's up there as my favourite Simply Red track.

My collection: 7" single no. 1541
Found: Record fair, October 27, 1991
Cost: 10 guilders
Tracks: 'Maybe someday...' / 'Maybe someday...'

1 comment:

  1. I agree, it is one of my favorite songs from Simply Red too. I was wondering if you or anybody else knew who the woman/actress was in this music video?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising