Wednesday 18 November 2009

Christian - China Crisis

I completely missed out on 'Christian' when it was first released in 1983. I only heard the track when it was included on the limited edition double single of 'You did cut me', which I'd bought in 1990. A year later, I got my hands on the original single, which actually contains not one, but two B-side tracks.

I didn't know then that a picture disc had also been released in the UK. I found that one four years later, during a record fair. Since I have a thing for picture discs, I obviously bought that one as well, completing my China Crisis collection even further.

'Christian' was the band's first significant hit in the UK, peaking at number 12 in February 1983. It was the beginning of a great career with lots of interesting music.

My collection: 7" single no. 1462 / no. 2573
Found: June 27, 1991 / Record fair, December 16, 1995
Cost: 2 guilders / 3 guilders
Tracks: 'Christian' / 'Greenacre bay', 'Performing seals'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising