Wednesday 7 October 2009

The reflex - Duran Duran

Duran Duran had the biggest hit of their career in 1984 with 'The reflex'. It was the third and last single from their album 'Seven and the ragged tiger'. Originally the band wanted it to be the lead single, but the record company was afraid that the warbling singing during the 'Why don't you use it' segments would hinder its success as a single. How wrong they were! The single hit number 1 in the UK, America and the Netherlands.

The video appeared on television almost every hour at the time, until I got quite sick of it. I never bought the single as a result. Just recently I found out it was released as a limited edition with a poster sleeve in the UK. It took some time to find it for a reasonable price, but I'm glad I waited: instead of the usual 4 to 6 pounds asked for it, I paid a measly 1 pound. Plus postage, but oh well.

My collection: 7" single no. 4099
Found: eBay.co.uk, received October 6, 2009
Cost: 4 pounds
Tracks: 'The reflex' / 'Make me smile (Come up and see me) (live)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising