Tuesday 11 August 2009

Who needs love like that - Erasure

I took the bus (oh, how I miss those open double deckers from the old days!) from Notting Hill Gate to Oxford Street, in order to get to Berwick Street, where my record hunting would continue. I was aware of one more Music & Video Exchange down the road, but I stopped underway for a new shop, where I eventually found three singles, although two of them I already had - but these were picture disc editions (more about that later on this blog).

The one new title I found was 'Who needs love like that', the debut single by Erasure. Whereas Vince Clarke had a lot of success with Depeche Mode and Yazoo, this single was considered a flop, as it only reached number 55 in the UK singles chart. It was 1985. More than two decades later, we know how successful Erasure turned out to be...

My collection: 7" single no. 3975
Found: Revival Records, London, August 5, 2009
Cost: 50p
Tracks: 'Who needs love like that' / 'Push me shove me'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising