Tuesday 11 August 2009

Stranger in Moscow - Michael Jackson

'Stranger in Moscow' was the fifth and last single from Michael Jackson's album 'History'. While writing the song, Jackson used elements of Russian imagery and symbolism to help promote the concept of fear and alienation in the track. It concludes with a narrative, spoken in Russian, by a KGB interrogator. Translated into English he says, 'Why have you come from the west? Confess! To steal the great achievements of the people, the accomplishments of the workers...'. The single was a number 1 in Spain, and reached number 4 in the UK and the Netherlands.

Although before this year I assumed there were no 7" singles released after 'Scream' and 'You are not alone', now I find myself owning 'They don't care about us' and 'Stranger in Moscow'. So now, obviously, I'm after 'Earth song'. Where can I find that one?

My collection: 7" single no. 3992
Found: eBay.com, received August 6, 2009
Cost: 3 euro
Tracks: 'Stranger in Moscow (radio edit)' / 'Stranger in Moscow (Tee's radio mix)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising