Saturday 29 August 2009

G.L.A.D. - Kim Appleby

Quite frankly, I still think that this song is a bit naff. The title 'G.L.A.D.' is an abbreviation for 'Good lovin' and devotion', as is explained in the song lyric, but why would anyone come up with such an abbreviation? It seems to me that Craig Logan and Mel and Kim Appleby were a bit short on inspiration when they came up with this song.

Still, since I'd bought every Mel & Kim single and the one Kim Appleby single that came before this one, I felt an obligation to own this one as well. I bought it after it left the Dutch Top 40, where it reached number 13 during a six week chart run. The UK audience was even less critical: they made it go to number 10.

My collection: 7" single no. 1435
Found: Free Record Shop, Den Haag, April 26, 1991
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'G.L.A.D. (7" remix)' / 'G.L.A.D. (instrumental)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising