Wednesday 22 July 2009

Ain't no pleasing you - Chas and Dave

At the age of eleven, just before I was leaving junior education, the school organised a dance for its pupils. The memory of dancing with the girl Francisca had left my mind for a long time, but it came back when I heard this song, because this was the song we danced to. I left school full of hope for the future, but it would take no less than 11 years before I ever danced with a woman again.

It was Chas & Dave's only hit in the Netherlands, reaching number 20 in May 1982. In the UK, where the duo was more successful, this was their biggest hit, peaking at number 2 in the singles chart the month before.

My collection: 7" single no. 3891
Found: Plaatboef, Rotterdam, July 20, 2009
Cost: 0,25 euro
Tracks: 'Ain't no pleasing you' / 'Give it some stick Mick!'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising