Thursday 14 May 2009

Pale shelter - Tears for fears

There are two different versions of Tears for Fears' track 'Pale shelter': the original version, produced by Mike Howlett, released as 'Pale shelter (You don't give me love)', and this version, produced by Chris Hughes and Ross Collum, released just after Tears for Fears' debut album 'The hurting' in 1983. To provide a chart push this second time around, Mercury took full advantage of the picture disc and coloured vinyl gimmicks that were popular at the time. In all, eleven different variations of the reissued single were available for purchase. It helped get the single to peak at number 5 in the UK singles chart in April 1983.

I got the green vinyl version of 'Pale shelter' during one of the first record fairs I ever visited. My sister bought the single in three other colours. I've never seen those singles since, so I'm still looking for them to this day.

My collection: 7" single no. 274
Found: Record fair, Den Haag, April 22, 1990
Cost: 10 guilders
Tracks: 'Pale shelter' / 'We are broken'


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising