Thursday 21 May 2009

I.M.U.R. - Luv'

This single is a present which I got from my parents when we were on holiday in Paris. Being only eight years old, my musical taste was still forming, but I did already have an ear for pretty melodies. Luv' had just hit the Dutch charts with 'Eeny meeny miny moe' (where it would reach number 11), a pretty but vacuous popsong, and I was very surprised to find that the French had put that song on the B-side in favour of 'I.M.U.R.'.

I knew that song too, and thought it was pretty modern-sounding. Indeed, in the Eighties this sound would become very popular. Girl group pop never sounded so nice.

My collection: 7" single no. 24
Found: Paris, 1979
Cost: nothing (it was a present)
Tracks: 'I.M.U.R.' / 'Eeny meeny miny moe'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising