Sunday 17 May 2009

Hymn to her - The Pretenders

The fourth album by the Pretenders was released in 1986 and was titled 'Get close'. The first single taken from that album was 'Don't get me wrong', an up-tempo pop/rock track with a music video that looked like a tribute to the TV series 'The Avengers'.

The second single was 'Hymn to her', a ballad that was popularly interpreted as a hymn to the Goddess. The single peaked at number 8 in the UK and only managed a number 35 placing in the Dutch Top 40.

My collection: 7" single no. 1251
Found: Parkpop, Den Haag, June 24, 1990
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Hymn to her' / 'Room full of mirrors'

1 comment:

  1. The tune of HYMN TO HER stayed in my mind for a long time after its release in 1986. It is just plain beautiful to ignore. I bought the greatest hits just for this song, but of course, I found the other gems in it too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising