Thursday 5 February 2009

The part of me that needs you most - Exile

The tracks on Exile's 1979 album 'All there is' were recorded with a distinct disco beat. 'The part of me that needs you most' was taken from this album, and according to Wikipedia, the single did particularly well in Europe. Well, parts of Europe then, because it flopped in the UK and the Netherlands.

I'd never even heard this track when I bought the single. And I only bought the single because I enjoyed their previous releases so much. This track, by comparison, is a disappointment. What's interesting about 'Let's do it again', the B-side track, is that it sounds very similar to John Lodge's 'Street cafe', released a year later.

My collection: 7" single no. 3278
Found: Record fair, November 11, 2000
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'The part of me that needs you most' / 'Let's do it again'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising