Sunday 14 December 2008

En smule fred - Nicole

German singer Nicole won the 1982 Eurovision Song Contest with her song 'Ein Bisschen Frieden'. After winning the contest, she recorded her song in several different languages: French, Dutch, English, Spanish and... Danish.

When I was in Esbjerg, Denmark in 2006 and visiting a local record shop, I just couldn't resist buying this single when I saw it. This is the weird thing about a Eurovision collection: even if you decide to only buy the songs you really like, there are always items that you know are rare and collectable. It's just too good to leave such an item standing there when the price is low and the opportunity knocks. And so now I own a Danish Nicole single...

My collection: 7" single no. 3427
Found: Esbjerg (Denmark), June 17, 2006
Cost: 10 Danish crowns
Tracks: 'En smule fred' / 'Thank you, merci, danke'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising