Sunday, 9 August 2026

I just can't wait - Mandy Smith

After going through hundreds of 7" singles at Parkstad Record Shop in two hours, I only had ten minutes or so left until closing time to go through the 12" singles. Fortunately there wasn't much there - I managed to get three titles that were mildly interesting. The first one was this one by Mandy Smith.

Mandy Smith's debut single 'I just can't wait' was produced by Stock, Aitken & Waterman, so it was only logical that 12" singles would appear, as the trio was quite prolific at the time. The 'cool and breezy jazz version' was mixed by 'The Extra Beat Boys With The Funky Sisters'. One can only guess who they were. It's not so much jazz as it is a relaxed piece of pop.

My collection: 12" single [unnumbered]
Found: Parkstad Record Shop, Kerkrade, 29 July 2026
Tracks: 'I just can't wait (The cool and breezy jazz version)' / 'I just can't wait (instrumental)', 'You're never alone

Related Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertising