Monday 9 November 2009

I owe you nothing - Bros

I wrote about 'I owe you nothing' once before, as I already owned the single for a long time. But this weekend, I managed to find three more copies of the single. Three more? Yes, because the single was actually released with four different sleeves. One was a compilation of the three others, featuring one member on the front sleeve each. Such was the popularity of Bros, that the single was not only released this way in the UK, but also in Europe.

When 'I owe you nothing' was released as Bros's debut single a year earlier, it failed to chart. The re-release was much more successful, as it managed to climb to the top of the UK singles chart this time around. In the Dutch Top 40, the single reached number 4.

Finding these singles - the German pressings of them, by the way - saw me confronted with an administrative question: would I catalogue them as three separate singles?
In the end, I decided to give them all the number 4162. After all, all three singles contain the same two tracks.

My collection: 7" single no. 4162
Found: Chelsea Records, Antwerpen, November 7, 2009
Cost: 1 euro each
Tracks: 'I owe you nothing' / 'I owe you nothing (The voice)'


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising