Monday 8 December 2008

Hypnotise - Scritti Politti

'Hypnotise' is the least successful of the four singles that were released from Scritti Politti's 1985 album 'Cupid & Psyche', despite (or maybe because of) the fact that it didn't sound radically different from other tracks on this album. With a great hook and the signature vocals of Green Gartside, the single only reached no. 68 in the UK singles chart.

When I was on holiday in London in 1989, I went around the town visiting every record shop I could find. It was my first encounter with the Record Exchange shops, that were offering hundreds of old vinyl singles for discount prices. I had a chance to buy many singles I wanted to have for years, and so I did...

My collection: 7" single no. 1026
Found: Record Exchange, Notting Hill, London, October 17, 1989
Cost: 50p
Tracks: 'Hypnotise' / 'Hypnotise (version)'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising